So you're the Social Drinker? Welcome To The Club.
If you're wondering what all this is about, take the FREE 4-Drinker Test yourself here. We recommend taking the test first before checking out the report for the most accurate results.
So what does it mean to be a Social Drinker? What are the characteristics of one and is it better or worse than other types of drinkers? What are the strengths and weaknesses associated with our type? Here's everything you need to know about Social Drinkers.
- Drinking for you is closely associated with socialising and friendships.
- You tend to drink in the company of others.
- Heavily influenced by your surrounding culture and environment.
- Since drinking is mostly linked with socialising, in situations where you are alone, you tend not to drink as much (might be different in Lockdown, more on that later.)
- As socialisation is the main motivation for drinking, alternatives that offer similar effects could suffice in replacing the habit.
- If you have a friend that is trying to limit their drinking, you are far more likely than other drinker types to follow suit.
- As it is closely associated with socialising, any social events involving others will entice you to drink more than you usually do.
- You tend to drink to soothe your anxiety in social situations (or not). With lockdowns being known to negatively affect our mental wellbeing, a social animal like yourself may be prone to drinking more.
- Change your environment. If you are interested in limiting your drinking, consider changing where you usually hangout. Find somewhere new and explore places you've never been before when socialising. By creating new mental associations, you'll be able to achieve your health goals with ease.
- Look for alternatives. As you mostly drink because of socialisation, if you could find alcohol alternatives that offer those effects, you won't need to drink to achieve the same desired results anymore.
- (Optional) Whether you're a fan of beer or not, you can check out IMPOSSIBREW. We make beers that taste and feel good, without alcohol.
- 5 EASY STEPS TO MAKE DRY JANUARY 2021 EFFORTLESS.
- 86% OF GLOBAL DRINKERS ARE TRYING TO CUT DRINKING - HERE'S WHY.
- EMINEM HAS BEEN SOBER FOR 12 YEARS, HERE'S HOW.