So you're the Stress Drinker? Welcome To The Club.
If you're wondering what all this is about, take the FREE 4-Drinker Test yourself here. We recommend taking the test first before checking out the report for the most accurate results.
So what does it mean to be a Stress Drinker? What are the characteristics of one and is it better or worse than other types of drinkers? What are the strengths and weaknesses associated with our type? Here's everything you need to know about Stress Drinkers.
- Drinking for you is closely associated with stress and anxiety relief.
- You tend to want to relax, wind-down and soothe your nerves at the end of the day with a nice tipple.
- Tend to live a stressful, busy lifestyle.
- Since drinking is mostly linked with stress and anxiety-relief, in situations where you are not stressful or otherwise, you tend not to drink as much (might be different in Lockdown, more on that later.)
- With stress-relief being the main motivation for drinking, alternatives that offer similar effects could suffice in replacing the habit.
- If your general mental wellbeing is improving, you won't likely feel the need to drink anymore.
- As it is closely associated with stress-relief, when encountering highly-stressful environments (e.g., social events if you are an introvert), you may drink more than usual.
- With the tendency to drink for anxiety relief and lockdowns being known to affect our mental wellbeing, it will likely have a negative impact on you.
- Manage your stress with daily routine. According to recent studies, many attribute high-stress levels with disorganisation or fear of the unknown. By establishing fixed routines everyday, it is known to calm the 'anxious' part of your brain and offer you some inner peace and tranquility.
- Look for alternatives. As you mostly drink because of stress-relief, if you could find alcohol alternatives that offer those effects, you won't need to drink to achieve the same desired results anymore.
- (Optional) Whether you're a fan of beer or not, you can check out IMPOSSIBREW. We make beers that taste and feel good, without alcohol.